Ohio State vs. No. 14 Michigan
Date: Saturday, April 27
Time: 3:30 p.m. ET
Venue: U-M Lacrosse Stadium
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Rosters: Ohio State | Michigan
Stats: Ohio State | Michigan
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State men’s lacrosse team is set for a rematch against Michigan this weekend, facing the No. 14 Wolverines in the Big Ten Tournament Quarterfinals Saturday at 3:30 p.m. The Buckeyes (5-8, 1-4 B1G) and Wolverines (6-6, 1-4 B1G) will face off from U-M Lacrosse Stadium in Ann Arbor, Mich.
The game will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required).
Buckeyes in the B1G Tournament
- Ohio State is 3-5 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament, which started in 2015.
- The team has made championship game appearances in 2015 and 2015.
- Ohio State and Michigan meet for the third straight season in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals. The teams are 1-1 against each other in the tournament. Saturday marks the first tournament meeting between the teams in Ann Arbor.
- Skylar Wahlund holds the Big Ten Tournament record for saves in a single game, making 21 stops in the Buckeyes’ semifinal game against Rutgers last season.
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- Sophomore Bobby Van Buren and senior Jack Myers were named Second Team All-Big Ten Wednesday. Senior Jake Snyder was also named the Buckeyes’ Big Ten Sportsmanship Award winner for the 2023 season.
- Ohio State is the only Big Ten team to record a man-down goal this season. Myers recorded the goal for Ohio State in last weekend’s match up against Michigan.
- Twenty-six players have recorded a point this season for Ohio State, including 22 with at least one goal on the year. Eight players have recorded 10 or more points.
- Myers and Ed Shean lead the Buckeyes’ offense with 39 and 36 points, respectively. The two are tied for the team lead with 12 points in conference play. Myers has dished out a team-high 21 assists and Shean has scored a team-best 27 goals.
- Shean continues to lead the country in shot percentage (.600). His 27 goals have come on 45 shots in 13 games.
- Marcus Hudgins is sixth in the conference with 1.23 caused turnovers per game. He leads the Buckeyes with 16 caused turnovers on the year.
- Goaltender Skylar Wahlund has recorded a career and team-high 40 ground balls this season. Wahlund has started every game for Ohio State in goal and is fourth in the conference with 10.69 saves per game.
- Freshman Matt Caputo leads the team with five man-up goals. He has tallied 12 goals and two assists for 14 points on the year for Ohio State.
- The Buckeyes’ 2023 slate is among the toughest in the nation. The team has faced six teams with top-10 RPI ratings and nine in the top-15.
- Myers now second in the Ohio State record book for career assists (114) and ranks third in career points (233).
Series History – Ohio State vs. Michigan
- Ohio State owns a 20-6 lead in the all-time series against Michigan and is 11-3 against the Wolverines in games played as varsity programs.
- The Buckeyes are 8-4 against Michigan on the road.
- This year marks the second time in as many seasons that Ohio State and Michigan have ended the regular season against each other and faced each other in the conference tournament quarterfinals.
- In 2022, the teams faced off twice against each other, first in the regular season finale as Ohio State won 14-12 and second in the B1G Tournament quarterfinals, with Ohio State winning, 16-10.
- Coach Myers has coached his teams to an 11-3 record against Michigan.
Last Time Out
- Ohio State fell in the regular season finale at Michigan, 19-14, last Friday in Ann Arbor.
- Colby Smith and Matt Caputo each recorded hat tricks in the game.
- The Buckeyes recorded a season-low nine turnovers against the Wolverines.
- Ari Allen tallied his first goal of the year while Cullen Brown earned his first start as a Buckeye.
The winner of Saturday’s quarterfinal game will advance to the tournament semifinals set for May 4 in Baltimore, Md. The team will face No. 1 seed Penn State at 1 p.m.