ADDITIONAL INFO: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium | Men’s Lacrosse Tickets | Stadium Policies | Schedule | Roster
No. 19 Ohio State vs. No. 6 Rutgers
Date: Sunday, March 26
Time: 7 p.m. ET
Venue: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium
Watch: Big Ten Network
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Rosters: Ohio State | Rutgers
Stats: Ohio State | Rutgers
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 19 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team opens its conference slate this weekend against No. 6 Rutgers. The Buckeyes (4-4) and Scarlet Knights (7-1) face off at 7 p.m. Sunday from Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium.
The game will be televised on Big Ten Network with Joe Beninati and Mark Dixon on the call. Live stats will be available at OhioStateStats.com and Twitter updates at @OhioStateMLAX.
Buckeyes’ B1G Slate
- Ohio State will play two home conference games this season. Both will be night games at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium, first with this weekend’s matchup against Rutgers and the next on April 7 at 8 p.m. against Maryland.
- All five of the Buckeyes’ regular season conference games are set to be broadcast on national television. Big Ten Network will televise the Buckeyes’ home games against the Scarlet Knights and Terrapins and the team’s regular season finale at Michigan (April 21). ESPNU will carry the Buckeyes’ road games at Penn State (April 2) and Johns Hopkins (April 15).
- This season, the Big Ten Conference is as talented as its ever been with five of the six teams ranked, and all six receiving votes in the polls. Four B1G teams are ranked in the top-10.
- Last season, Ohio State claimed conference wins over Penn State, Johns Hopkins and Michigan, bringing the Creator’s Trophy back to Columbus.
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- Ohio State boasts a 4-1 record at home in its first season playing at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium.
- The team has played five ranked opponents in eight games this season, including matchups against then-ranked No. 1 Virginia, No. 2 Notre Dame and No. 3 Cornell. Ohio State earned a ranked win over then-ranked No. 19 North Carolina, 8-5.
- Ohio State opens its conference schedule this weekend against Rutgers before traveling to No. 9 Penn State next weekend.
- Jack Myers leads the Buckeyes through eight games with 27 points this season. He has recorded a team-high 17 assists on the year and added 10 goals for Ohio State.
- Ed Shean holds the team lead with a career-high 19 goals this year. He is No. 1 in the country in shot percentage (0.704).
- At faceoff, Drew Blanchard owns a team-best .626 win percentage on faceoff. He was won 82 of 131 faceoffs that he’s taken this year, tying for 12th nationally and second in the Big Ten.
- Skylar Wahlund has started all eight games in goal for the Buckeyes. He has a save percentage of .479 on the year.
Last Time Out
- Ohio State went 1-1 in games last week, defeating Detroit Mercy, 19-6, at home on Tuesday before traveling to Denver to take on the Pioneers.
- Ed Shean and Jack Myers each recorded a team-high six points against the Titans, with Shean scoring five goals and Myers dishing out five assists.
- In the 17-12 loss to Denver, the Buckeyes were led by senior Colby Smith, who netted four goals, and Kyle Borda, who scored three times.
History vs. Rutgers
- Rutgers enters the game with a 7-1 record this season.
- The last time the teams met, the Scarlet Knights took a narrow 12-10 victory over the Buckeyes in the Big Ten Tournament semifinals.
- Ohio State’s last victory over Rutgers came in Columbus in 2018. The team defeated the Scarlet Knights, 10-7.
Celebrating Buckeye Lacrosse History
- Sunday’s game marks the first conference game played by the Ohio State men’s lacrosse team in Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium.
- The Buckeyes will also recognize the 2008 team at the game in celebration of the team’s 15th anniversary of the program’s first NCAA quarterfinal appearance. The team earned its first NCAA tournament win with a 15-7 victory over No. 8 Cornell to advance to the quarterfinal round. That same year, Ohio State earned a share of the Great Western Lacrosse League title with a 4-1 conference record and was the runner-up in the inaugural league tournament. Led by second team honoree Kevin Buchanan, four Buckeyes earned USILA All-America honors. The team finished the 2008 season ranked seventh.
- Prior to the opening faceoff, the scoreboard at the stadium will officially be dedicated to Coach Paul Hartman. Hartman, one of the pioneer coaches in Ohio State lacrosse history, served as head coach of the Buckeyes from 1960-66. During his tenure, the team earned a 57-35-2 record. He was also a student-athlete at Ohio State from 1955-57. He was a two-time All-Midwest Lacrosse Association selection and two-time All-American. Hartman was inducted into the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame in 2000.
- Buckeye Lacrosse will also celebrate Alumni Day, welcoming back alumni from all decades.
Ohio State faces No. 9 Penn State on the road April 2 at noon from Panzer Stadium in University Park, Pa. The game will be televised on ESPNU.
Ohio State Men’s Lacrosse Tickets
To purchase tickets and/or for more information on Ohio State men’s lacrosse tickets, click HERE. For information on group tickets and experiences, contact the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email Athletic.firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with an account executive.