ADDITIONAL INFO: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium | Men’s Lacrosse Tickets | Stadium Policies | Schedule | Roster
No. 10 Ohio State vs. No. 2 Notre Dame
Date: Saturday, March 11
Time: 2 p.m. ET
Venue: Arlotta Stadium
Watch: ACC Network
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Game Notes: Ohio State | Notre Dame
Rosters: Ohio State | Notre Dame
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 10 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team hits the road for its first true road contest of the season to play No. 2 Notre Dame on Saturday. The Buckeyes (3-2) meet the Fighting Irish (4-0) at 2 p.m. ET at Arlotta Stadium in South Bend, Ind.
The game will be televised on ACC Network with Chris Cotter, Paul Carcaterra and Charlotte North on the call. Live stats will be available at OhioStateStats.com and Twitter updates at @OhioStateMLAX.
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- Jack Myers leads the Buckeyes through five games with 19 points this season. He has recorded a team-high 11 assists on the year and added eight goals for Ohio State.
- Ed Shean holds the team lead with a career-high 14 goals this year. He is No. 1 in the country in shot percentage (0.667).
- At faceoff, Drew Blanchard owns a team-best .626 win percentage on faceoff. He was won 62 of 99 faceoffs that he’s taken this year, tying for 14th nationally.
- Skylar Wahlund has started all five games in goal for the Buckeyes. He has a save percentage of .510 on the year.
- Ohio State is 1-2 against ranked opponents this year. The team defeated then-ranked No. 19 North Carolina, 8-5, before falling to No. 1 Virginia and No. 3 Cornell.
- This weekend’s top-10 matchup is the third consecutive game the Buckeyes will play against one of the top-three teams in the country.
- Following this weekend’s game against Notre Dame, the Buckeyes meet Detroit Mercy and Denver to close out the 2023 non-conference slate.
Last Time Out
- Last weekend, the Buckeyes played No. 3 Cornell at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium, falling 16-13 to the Big Red.
- Ohio State won the faceoff battle as Blanchard went 13-24 and Matthew Fritz went 6-for-9.
- Shean led the team with four goals in the game, including two in the fourth quarter as Ohio State attempted to make a comeback against the Big Red.
- Freshman Matt Caputo played his first minutes as a Buckeye last weekend, scoring back-to-back goals in the fourth quarter.
- Wahlund made 15 saves against Cornell, including seven in the second half as Ohio State outscored the Big Red 10-7 in the final 30 minutes.
History vs. Notre Dame
- Saturday marks the 51st meeting between the Buckeyes and Fighting Irish.
- Ohio State has won the last three meetings between the two teams – 2022, 2020 and 2019.
- 2019 was the last time the teams met at Arlotta Stadium, with Ohio State winning 11-10 in overtime.
- Overall, the Buckeyes are 11-18 in South Bend and 24-36 all-time against Notre Dame.
The Buckeyes will host Detroit Mercy on Tuesday, March 14, at 7 p.m. at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium. The game is the team’s final non-conference home game before hosting Rutgers on March 26 in the conference opener.
Ohio State Men’s Lacrosse Tickets
To purchase tickets and/or for more information on Ohio State men’s lacrosse tickets, click HERE. For information on group tickets and experiences, contact the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email Athletic.email@example.com to speak with an account executive.