ADDITIONAL INFO: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium | Men’s Lacrosse Tickets | Stadium Policies | Schedule | Roster
No. 9 Ohio State vs. No. 3 Cornell
Date: Saturday, March 4
Time: Noon ET
Venue: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium
Watch: B1G+ ($)
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Game Notes: Ohio State | Cornell
Rosters: Ohio State | Cornell
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The first top-10 matchup at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium is set for this weekend as the No. 9 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team hosts No. 3 Cornell Saturday at noon. The Buckeyes (3-1, 0-0 B1G) and Big Red (3-0, 0-0 IVY) meet in Columbus for just the third time in series history on Saturday.
The game will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required). Live stats will also be available at OhioStateStats.com and Twitter updates at @OhioStateMLAX.
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- Last weekend, the Buckeyes played No. 1 Virginia in a neutral site matchup in Naples, Fla. The team fell 17-6 to the Cavaliers.
- Ohio State won the faceoff battle as Drew Blanchard went 14-for-26.
- Defensively, Marcus Hudgins and Bobby Van Buren combined for four caused turnovers.
- Goaltender Skylar Wahlund scored his first career goal in the game.
- Ohio State is 1-1 against ranked opponents this year with an 8-5 win over then-ranked No. 19 North Carolina.
- This weekend’s top-10 matchup is the second consecutive game the Buckeyes will play one of the top-three teams in the country. After playing No. 1 Virginia and meeting No. 3 Cornell this weekend, Ohio State will play No. 2 Notre Dame next weekend.
- Jack Myers leads the Buckeyes through four games with 16 points this season. He has recorded a team-high eight assists on the year and added eight goals for Ohio State.
- Ed Shean holds the team lead with a career-high 10 goals this year. He is No. 1 in the country in shot percentage (0.714).
- On the faceoff, Drew Blanchard owns a team-best .653 win percentage. He was won 49 of 75 faceoffs that he’s taken this year, tying for 10th in the country this season.
- Skylar Wahlund has started all four games in goal for the Buckeyes. He has a save percentage of .521 on the year.
- Ohio State was picked ninth in the USILA coaches poll and eighth in the Inside Lacrosse media poll this week.
- This weekend’s game is the Buckeyes’ fourth at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium. The team owns a 3-0 record in the stadium in the inaugural season.
History vs. Cornell
- Saturday marks the seventh meeting between the Buckeyes and Big Red all-time.
- Ohio State and Cornell met twice last season with the Big Red winning both matchups.
- Ohio State has defeated Cornell on two occasions: a 15-7 win in 2008 in Ithaca and an 8-7 win in 2001 in Columbus.
- This weekend marks the first time since 2020 that the teams will meet in Columbus and just the third time in series history that the matchup comes to Ohio.
Next week, Ohio State makes the trip to South Bend, Ind. to play No. 2 Notre Dame. The Buckeyes and Fighting Irish faceoff at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 11. The game will be televised on ACCNetwork.
Ohio State Men’s Lacrosse Tickets
To purchase tickets and/or for more information on Ohio State men’s lacrosse tickets, click HERE. For information on group tickets and experiences, contact the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email Athletic.email@example.com to speak with an account executive.