No. 9 Buckeyes Take on Top-Ranked Virginia in Florida
ADDITIONAL INFO: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium | Men’s Lacrosse Tickets | Stadium Policies | Schedule | Roster
No. 9 Ohio State vs. No. 1 Virginia
Date: Saturday, Feb. 25
Time: 7 p.m. ET
Venue: Paradise Coast Sports Complex
Watch: B1G+ ($)
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Game Notes: Ohio State | Virginia
Rosters: Ohio State | Virginia
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 9 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team hits the road for the first time of the 2023 season this weekend, meeting top-ranked Virginia in Florida on Saturday, Feb. 25. The neutral site matchup will face off from the Paradise Sports Complex in Naples, Fla. at 7 p.m. The game will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required).
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- Ohio State improved to 3-0 with an 8-5 win over then-ranked No. 19 North Carolina at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium last weekend.
- Skylar Wahlund made 12 saves as the Buckeyes allowed just one goal in the second half to overcome a 4-2 deficit at the half.
- Richie LaCalandra scored his first goal as a Buckeyes in the contest.
- Wahlund was named the Big Ten Specialist of the Week and to the USILA Team of the Week for his performance.
- Freshman Cullen Brown was also named the conference Freshman of the Week for his contributions to the Buckeyes’ defense that kept the Tar Heels, who were averaging 18 goals per game headed into the weekend, to just five on the day.
- Entering Saturday’s matchup, the Buckeyes are led on attack by Jack Myers with 14 points on the year. Myers has also recorded a team-high eight assists.
- Ed Shean leads the team with eight goals on the year, with Kyle Borda following in second with seven.
- At faceoff, Drew Blanchard leads the group with a .686 win percentage (35-51). He ranks seventh nationally in win percentage.
- Wahlund has started all three games in goal for the Buckeyes. His 6.55 goals against average ranks fourth in the country and first in the Big Ten. He’s also first in the conference, and ninth nationally, with a .591 save percentage.
- Over the next three weeks, Ohio State will play the top three teams in the country, starting Saturday against top-ranked Virginia. Next weekend, the Buckeyes will play No. 3 Cornell on March 4 in Columbus. The Buckeyes then travel to South Bend, Ind. to play No. 2 Notre Dame on March 11.
History vs. Virginia
- Saturday marks the first time since 2013 that Ohio State and Virginia will face off against each other.
- In the teams’ last meeting – March 16, 2013 – the Buckeyes defeated the Cavaliers 16-10 in Charlottesville, Va.
- The teams have only met seven times prior to Saturday with Virginia leading the series, 6-1.
- Saturday’s matchup is the first between the two teams at a neutral site.
Ohio State Men’s Lacrosse Tickets
To purchase tickets and/or for more information on Ohio State men’s lacrosse tickets, click HERE. For information on group tickets and experiences, contact the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email Athletic.firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with an account executive.