No. 10 Ohio State vs. No. 19 North Carolina
Date: Sunday, Feb. 19
Time: Noon ET
Venue: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium
Watch: B1G+ ($)
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Game Notes: Ohio State | North Carolina
Rosters: Ohio State | North Carolina
COLUMBUS, Ohio –
The No. 10 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team is set for its first ranked matchup of the season this weekend, hosting No. 19 North Carolina Sunday, Feb. 19 at noon in Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium. The game is the second regular season matchup in as many years between the Buckeyes (2-0, 0-0 B1G) and Tar Heels (2-0, 0-0 ACC) and first in Columbus since 2011.
The game will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required). Live stats are available on the men’s lacrosse schedule page on OhioStateBuckeyes.com.
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- Ohio State improved to 2-0 on the year with a 19-12 victory over Cleveland State at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium last weekend.
- Ed Shean tallied a team and career-high six points on the day with five goals and one assist in the game.
- The Buckeyes had 12 unique goal scorers in the win over the Vikings, including Aidan Kenley, Kyle Lewis, Dillon Magee, Garrett Nilsen and Mitchell Sandberg scoring their first career goals as Buckeyes.
- Magee was named the Buckeyes’ first Big Ten Freshman of the Week since the 2019 season with a three-point performance against Cleveland State. He recorded his first points as a Buckeye in his first career start, tallying two goals and an assist.
- Jack Myers reached 100 career assists in last weekend’s game, making him the third Buckeye lacrosse player to reach the milestone.
- Through two games this year, Drew Blanchard ranks fifth in the country in face-off win percentage (0.824). He has gone 28-fo-34 on the face off in Ohio State’s first two games.
- Three Buckeyes were named to the 2023 Tewaaraton Award Watch List announced last week: Marcus Hudgins, Myers and Bobby Van Buren.
- Ohio State takes its first road trip of the year next weekend, playing No. 1 Virginia in a neutral site game in Naples, Fla. on Feb. 25.
MRB ‘Thumbs Up’ Game
- Sunday’s game will be the Buckeyes’ MRB ‘Thumbs Up’ game.
- The Michael R. Breschi Foundation honors the life of Michael Breschi who, in 2004, tragically passed away at just three years old.
- In his honor, the Michael R. Breschi Memorial Scholarship was established and, in the years, since, it’s become one of the largest memorial endowed scholarships in the Ohio State Department of Athletics. Each fall, the scholarship is given to an Ohio State senior who best exemplifies the spirit of Michael.
- This year’s recipient is fifth-year senior and captain Jack Myers, who is Ohio State’s active career leader in goals (106) and points (206).
History vs. North Carolina
- The Buckeyes and Tar Heels will meet for the 19th time in series history on Sunday.
- Ohio State has won three of the last five match ups (2022, 2011, 2008).
- The teams last meet in 2022, with Ohio State earning a 20-8 win over North Carolina in Chapel Hill. In the game, Jason Knox, Colby Smith, Jack Myers, Ari Allen and Trent DiCicco each had multi-goal games.
- The Tar Heels are coached by former Ohio State head coach Joe Breschi. Breschi had a 92-63 record Ohio State and helped the Buckeyes to four GWLL regular-season titles and three NCAA Tournament appearances.
- Coach Myers was an assistant under Breschi before becoming the Buckeyes’ head coach in 2009.
- Jack Myers is now fifth in the Ohio State record book with 206 career points. He is two points shy of tying Jesse King’s 208 career points and 44 points from Terry Gilmore’s record of 250.
- Myers’ 106 goals have him tied for eighth in the record book with Carter Brown.
- With 100 career assists, Myers sits at third in the record book and 27 shy of the program record of 127 set by Gilmore.
Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium
- Ohio State lacrosse has a new home in the state-of-the-art Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium.
- The stadium features 360-degree vantage points, a state-of-the-art heated turf, a first-class training room and more.
- Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium is located on the north end of the Ohio State Athletics District, between the Jennings Wrestling Facility and Ty Tucker Tennis Center and across from the Schumaker Complex on Irving Schottenstein Dr.
- The Buckeyes are now 2-0 in Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium.
- Since 2013, the Buckeyes are 53-22 at home, including games played in the Woody Hayes Athletic Center and Ohio Stadium.
Ohio State Men’s Lacrosse Tickets
To purchase tickets and/or for more information on Ohio State men’s lacrosse tickets, click HERE. For information on group tickets and experiences, contact the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email Athletic.firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with an account executive.