Ohio State Hosts Cleveland State Next at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium
ADDITIONAL INFO: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium | Men’s Lacrosse Tickets | Stadium Policies | Schedule | Roster
Ohio State vs. Cleveland State
Date: Saturday, Feb. 11
Time: Noon ET
Venue: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium
Watch: B1G+ ($)
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Game Notes: Ohio State | Cleveland State
Rosters: Ohio State | Cleveland State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State men’s lacrosse team continues its season-opening home stand this weekend against in-state foe Cleveland State. The Buckeyes (1-0, 0-0 B1G) look to earn their second victory in as many weeks as they face off against the Vikings Saturday, Feb. 11 at noon at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium.
The game will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required). Live stats are available on the men’s lacrosse schedule page on OhioStateBuckeyes.com.
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- Last weekend, the team opened the 2023 season with a 15-7 win over Air Force in the first official game played in Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium.
- Eight different Buckeyes recorded a point in last weekend’s season opener, led by Jack Myers with nine points and four goals.
- In his Ohio State debut, Kyle Borda also tallied four goals. Richie LaCalandra and Kyle Lewis added an assist each in their first games as Buckeyes.
- Defensively, the Buckeyes held Air Force to seven goals on the day and kept the Falcons scoreless in the fourth quarter. In goal, Skylar Wahlund posted eight saves.
- At the face-off X, Drew Blanchard won 22 of 26. He led the team with a career-high 12 ground balls on the day. His 22 wins in the season opener were the third most in a single game for an Ohio State player since 2003.
- Myers and Blanchard earned Big Ten player of the week awards for their efforts in the win. Myers was the conference’s Offensive Player of the Week and Blanchard was the Specialist of the Week.
- Ohio State hosts North Carolina Sunday, Feb. 19 to close out the season-opening home stand at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium.
History vs. Cleveland State
- Ohio State and Cleveland State will be meeting for the fifth time, all occurring since 2017.
- The Buckeyes own wins against the Vikings in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2022.
- Last season, Ohio State earned a 17-9 victory over the Vikings.
- Three of the previous four matchups have occurred in Columbus, with the first at Ohio State in 2017 followed by 2019 and 2022 at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center.
- Jack Myers surpassed the 200-point mark last weekend, making him the sixth Buckeye in program history to record 200 or more points. His 203 points rank sixth in the Ohio State record book, one point shy of tying Tre Leclaire (204) for fifth place. The record stands at 250 points by Terry Gilmore (1976-79).
- Myers’ four goals in week one bumped him into the top-10 in goals scored by an Ohio State player. With 105 for his career, he is ninth among all-time players.
- With 98 career assists, Myers sits at third in the Ohio State record book and is two helpers shy of becoming the third Ohio State player to record 100 assists.
Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium
- Ohio State lacrosse has a new home in the state-of-the-art Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium.
- The stadium features 360-degree vantage points, a state-of-the-art heated turf, a first-class training room and more.
- Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium is located on the north end of the Ohio State Athletics District, between the Jennings Wrestling Facility and Ty Tucker Tennis Center and across from the Schumaker Complex on Irving Schottenstein Dr.
Ohio State Men’s Lacrosse Tickets
To purchase tickets and/or for more information on Ohio State men’s lacrosse tickets, click HERE. For information on group tickets and experiences, contact the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email Athletic.firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with an account executive.